March 16, 2004

3rd Post

There are some stove top hot stories out there on this planet I conveniently like to call Earth. The gas burners are set to high and the pot is boiling. You better tilt that lid before the pot boils over!

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to formulate a comment on the current events. I'll try to do that tomorrow. Instead, I had the exciting opportunity to attend a big time party hosted by Blogger as a part of the SXSW festivities here in Austin.

I would like to personally thank Blogger for hosting the event and providing me with free drinks - I had 6 Lone Stars and a Tight Snatch (that's a suggestively titled shot, so don't get any wild ideas, you filthy minded silly head) - and they also offered me a free t-shirt, but I declined. I didn't want to come off as a moocher, since this only my 3rd blog post. They also provided some interesting food. At first I thought it was Mexican food, but it ended up being Chinese food. Well, I give them an "E" for effort on the catering front.

Anyways, I had a wonderful time (thanks to Blogger!) and I met all kinds of wonderfully odd eccentric people. I kinda felt out of place being around such ferocious bloggerheads. It was definitely humbling!!!!!

I met this one guy who wears a cowboy hat and smokes a cool pipe (like the Hobbits smoke in Lord of the Rings). He writes a blog about people that are coming to America and taking away everybody's job. I didn't really understand what he was saying, but I appreciated his viewpoint. Besides, isn't that what blogging is all about?!?

I also met another interesting fellow who asked me if I knew where he could get some "funky nuggets." I told him there was a McDonald's down by the University. But, then again I'm not exactly a nugget expert, let alone a funky nugget expert. I sure do hope he was able to find what he was looking for.

I tell you what, I haven't had this much fun since I got my new speakers for my stereo, but I'll save that story for another time (and it's an exciting story, so stay tuned). Well, I'll blog you later...see, I told you this was gonna be fun!