August 08, 2004

What Are They Talking About?

"Please do not touch the merchandise," said the shopkeeper. "Thank you. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Oh, no. Just browsing and, well, actually there is something I'm looking for," said the store patron.

"Yes what is it?"

"I'm looking for one those things with the doo-dad sticking out the top."

"I think I know what you're saying."

"Yeah, ya know. It's got that deal and it goes round and makes the noise and..."

"Say no more, I hear ya. I'm sorry though, we just ran out of those the other day. Should be getting some new ones in about a week."

"Yeah, I'm just going around to see if I can find one, and no luck so far. This is the third place I've been to today."

"There's been a big rush on those lately, people are just buying them up."

"I wonder why that is? I mean, is there some kind of reason?"

"Well I have my suspicions."

"Oh, really."

"I think it might just happen to have something to do with you know what..." said the shopkeeper, nodding his head.

"Nooo..."

"Yes."

"Nooo, no way."

"Yes way."

"You think? You think it has something to do with that?"

"I do, and I've got proof."

"Really? What is your proof?"

"Okay, so remember a couple of weeks ago when they said that..."

"Yeah, I remember, get to the juice, man."

"Okay, so that happened to coincide with that announcement where they said..."

"No shit!"

"Oh yeah, perfect timing."

"You're shitting me. I didn't even think of that.

"It's not a hundred percent, but let's just say the motives fit the means, if you know what I'm saying and I think you do."

"Holy shit. I think you're right, though. It makes perfect sense. I mean, it all just fits together so perfectly."

"Yeah, hell yeah it does."

"Shit, I'm gonna go home and put my tinfoil on, know what I'm saying?"

"I hear ya, brother."

"All righty, well, I guess I'll come back next week, say what was your name again?"

"Oh, it's right there on the front of the store."

"That's you?"

"That would be me."

"Wow. Well, you've got a lovely store, I'll check you later. Thanks for the tip, dude."

"No problem, have a nice day."