November 22, 2004

Lazy Day Sunday

Today was the day made for DVD's. I watched the Empire Strikes Back followed by Sergio Leone's amazing Once Upon A Time In The West followed by Richard Linklater's Slacker. Then I sat outside on the front porch and drank beer and watched the thunderstorm roll in. Now is the time for bed.

O the dreams I shall have . . .

UPDATE: O the dreams I shant have! Instead of light sabres and gun fights and bullshit talking, I dream of the same goddamn motherfucking cocksucking bitch ass recurring dream. Yes, it's the one where I am back at school, I got a test coming up, I haven't studied for it, but I gotta take in order to graduate.

In this episode, the class was an unusual class. We each had a newspaper, and the test asked very specific questions about articles and things appearing the newspaper. I arrived early, but I forgot to get a scantron form, so I had to go to the student store and get one. I figured this would be an easy test, which was good because I needed time to study for my next class. I follow the news, I know what's up, bring it on, I'm ready to go.

No, this test was fucking hard. It was so ridiculous. They asked the most specific questions about the most mundane things. They had questions that you had to look up in the classifieds. There was one where you had to actually work the crossword to answer it. Another question required you to read the comics. One just had a sentence and they asked who wrote it.

Oh, it was hell. I was so tense and stressed. Then I realized that it was all just a dream. I wasn't real. I didn't have a test. I didn't have a newspaper class. Nobody gives a fuck about Andy Capp, nor does he appear in a multiple choice test question. It's okay. Everything's fine. I graduated already. I'm not going to flunk out. It's all okay. Everything's cool