March 29, 2004

Numero Cinco!

Well, astute readers of Tarzanza! may be aware that I open up each post by saying that there are a lot of big news stories out there and that I plan to comment on them. But, then I never do. Instead, I talk about Organic Chee-tohs or discarded string or bad stereo speakers. If you were sharp and you noticed that, then give yourself two pats on the back, a slice of turkey bacon, and head down to your nearest bar and have yourself a Bloody PMS Blast. Tell 'em it's on me, Tarzanza!

Well, things are different today, because by golly gee willickers sam goody tennessee williams dick cheney, I'm actually gonna comment on a news story today. It's here. The article is called Video Game Industry Faces 'Crisis of Creativity'. It's a Reuters article out of San Jose and it is written by Reed Stevenson and Ben Berkowitz (they do good work).

You know, the headline to this article is very true (full disclosure: I didn't actually read the article). Video Games have gotten boring. So boring in fact, that when one of those new video game commercials comes on the telly, I fall asleep immediately and drift off into sleepy time dreamland where there's mushroom kingdoms and double dragons and simulated cities and all kinds of tomb raiding goin' on.

Does the world really need anymore games about ostrich fighting or hamburger making or General Custer? The answer is sadly, no!

Now, I don't want to sound like a whiney complaining crybaby two year old baby. I'm not gonna stand up on my blogger soapbox and cry like a little baby that just peed and pooped his diapers and dropped his bottle out of the crib on the floor where the milk spills everywhere and the dog starts licking it up and then gets really bad diarrhea. Hell no, I'm gonna be a manly man and offer up solutions.

I have a couple of ideas of my own for video games. One is called Lioness. The other is called Assant. They are both quite exciting. I will talk about them next time. So stay tuned.